Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Battledress Blouse

Article about: Hello hoping someone will give me their opinion on this bd, it is advertised as British and from the pics looks like the Battledress Blouse Serge, unlined collar and correct buckle for the e

?

Default Battledress Blouse

Hello hoping someone will give me their opinion on this bd, it is advertised as British and from the pics looks like the Battledress Blouse Serge, unlined collar and correct buckle for the earlier one, but there is no label , although from the picture it looks as if there might have been one at some point or just wishful thinking on my part maybe.
    I know the buttons are wrong, also there are no stampings at all which makes me cautious. Any ideas British, Australian or other.

Thanks all.

Battledress BlouseBattledress BlouseBattledress BlouseBattledress BlouseBattledress Blouse

Default Re: Battledress Blouse

Looks like an early British made 1937 pattern BD. The labels on these were paper based and easily come off with washing and wear. This one has seen a fair amount of use going by the wear of the knap of the cloth, so it is not surprising the label has come adrift. But the outline is clearly there.

Are the shoulder straps still on it?

Cheers, Ade.

i could be wrong but i have something similar 1950s aif tunic but it could be the buttons throwng me off

Could we see the remaning buttons? This is looking Aussie(I could be wrong though) to me so far going by the cuff button and wool type
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-14-2011 at 06:03 AM. Reason: spelling

?

Do you know Ade I didn't even notice that the shoulder straps do seem to be missing, I got a wee bit enthusiastic me thinks, I have been after an early battledress for ages, every time I come across one I am always too late, saw this one on a website that I have not seen before, anyway the seller has not reponded to my email and looking again it was listed a couple of months ago so .
    Mind you if the seller does get in touch you have potentially saved me from a hasty purchase so .

Here is a pic Rene that was listed on the site showing some more of the buttons, not the brass type, if it is not a British one thinking now maybe NZ.

Battledress Blouse

Oh well the search continues...................thanks guys.

Quote by bazden View Post
    Do you know Ade I didn't even notice that the shoulder straps do seem to be missing, I got a wee bit enthusiastic me thinks, I have been after an early battledress for ages, every time I come across one I am always too late, saw this one on a website that I have not seen before, anyway the seller has not reponded to my email and looking again it was listed a couple of months ago so .
    Mind you if the seller does get in touch you have potentially saved me from a hasty purchase so .

Here is a pic Rene that was listed on the site showing some more of the buttons, not the brass type, if it is not a British one thinking now maybe NZ.

Battledress Blouse

Oh well the search continues...................thanks guys.
    Could well be NZ the buttons look similar

Take a look at my examples https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...and-bds-12333/
    and heres an extra pic