Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Begining WWII USMC Collection

Article about: Thank you Ian for the response the viewing today was somber. I will put some close ups soon, especially of the flashlight he gave me I would like to learn more about it since it is not the t

Default Re: Begining WWII USMC Collection

Quote by rra227 View Post
    Get a T-handle tool for it. Machette sheath U.S.M.C. marked? Rich A. in Pa.
    Working on both... its just a basic army issue machete, I cant find any USMC sheaths for a reasonable price. I also need p41 or 42 pants a USMC pattern canteen cover unless the early army cover was issued, A usmc shelter half and a pair of boondockers?

add one of these too

Almost forgot the lower pack

Sorry for your loss. Your grouping is looking great! It is a great tribute to your great uncle and his service. Best Regards, Rob

Thanks Rob,
    Picked up this garrison cap and some 3rd USMC pictures I really like the picture with the Thompson (hence my profile pic) Can anyone make out the name on the cap? Not sure what the Day III means maybe he was counting them?

I have been waiting a while, and 7 hard hours of work after my real job, I sorted endlessly through stuff.... and I finally have made some progress.
    Here is a sample Ill, post more after work tomorrow. Ill have to start 2 more threads since I have some of Petes brothers items and his fathers as well!

Here is a picture Irving Park on Guam during WWII

Here are some of the items / pictures and documents I still have a lot to sort through and Im trying to figure out how I can display it all...
    Veterans from 3 wars. Left, David Park (Ivring's Brother) served in the Korean war and was KIA in a B-24 mission
    middle, David Park was an engineer in WWI, right Irving (Pete) Park Served from 1943-46 in the 3rd USMC then the 1st.

Pete with his beloved "m1" on Iwo Jima, When I showed him mine at his house, he pulled his oxygen out and jumped to his feet with it at attention! He said it was his favorite rifle next to the BAR.

This and the above picture are the 3rd USMC engineers, C company.

Japanese prisoners on Iwo Jima

Landing on Iwo Jima

Pete's Portrait and a picture of his wife Lola writing to him while near it!
    Also two sets of dogtags and other personal / military items that belonged to Pete.

Here is my current display, I am working on a shadowbox with documents. The mannequin is to represent him as he was on Iwo Jima. The large bags are satchel charges. When I talked to Pete about his time on Iwo Jima he stated that the engineers did not wear packs like riflemen. They only wore cartridge belts and the rest of the room was taken up by what he called "tet" packs (AKA Tetrytol, a variation of the satchel charge). I actual met a gentleman that knew him recently, and he gave me all the munitions at the mannequins feet. He said Pete gave them to him in the 80s.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Begining WWII USMC Collection  

Fantastic story and tribute, well done.

?

Wow. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast