Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

British Anorak (Anarak?) WWII?

Article about: Bought some time ago, an Anorak supposedly british. The label markings being completely washed away, somebody has thought well to stress wit a felt tip pen the original writing, therefore ma

I did come across this page as well with this image.."the explanation Labrador Type Windproof Suit is definitely not a part of Navy kit. I've seen something very similar on pics of British troops in Norway, 1940. Pics were of bad quality, but it was anorak type smock without any pockets or draw tape, same as pictured below. Hood is fastened with hooks at the neck. Trousers has one external large pocket on left thigh and internal flap covered pocket on the rear right hip. At the waist was draw tape for adjustment. is on the page as "
    WWIIReenacting.co.uk Forums
    Name:  labrador.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  214.6 KB

And this is what makes things hard...brand new, does have pockets though, but it highlights how things havent changed much
    Needles (
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	needles-pullover-parka1.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	894813

I still haven't quite worked out if it is actually a water/showerproof or a windproof. If its a waterproof I can see why you don't want pockets as its always the seams that leak. That's the problem with a lot of modern waterproof jackets, too many seams.

Quote by wizardman View Post
    I did come across this page as well with this image.."the explanation Labrador Type Windproof Suit is definitely not a part of Navy kit. I've seen something very similar on pics of British troops in Norway, 1940. Pics were of bad quality, but it was anorak type smock without any pockets or draw tape, same as pictured below. Hood is fastened with hooks at the neck. Trousers has one external large pocket on left thigh and internal flap covered pocket on the rear right hip. At the waist was draw tape for adjustment. is on the page as "
    now it looks in every detail the same anorak (colour, lack of pockets) but the fact that the hood has gor a tape adjustement, and is not closed by hooks....

- - ------- - -

Quote by wizardman View Post
    now it looks in every detail the same anorak (colour, lack of pockets) but the fact that the hood has got a tape adjustment, and is not closed by hooks....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12