Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

British army red coat

Article about: Hi guys I took a punt on this British army red coat and bought it. I have no idea about it, as my area of collecting is helmets. I have tried looking around on the internet but haven't even

Default British army red coat

Hi guys I took a punt on this British army red coat and bought it. I have no idea about it, as my area of collecting is helmets. I have tried looking around on the internet but haven't even come close to finding anything like this. If anyone here could help me out I would be most grateful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British army red coat   British army red coat  

British army red coat   British army red coat  

British army red coat   British army red coat  

British army red coat  

I think its a Chelsea Pensioners coat,but the shoulder items don't belong on it.

Would agree that its a Chelsea pensioners frock coat.

Thanks guys

I also think its a Chelsea Pensioners coat but think the shoulder items have been added because he was a Royal navy vet as he has the Atlantic Star in the medal ribbons on the jacket

It certainly is a Chelsea Pensioner's coat, the buttons confirm it, and the R.H stamp is for Royal Hospital (R.H.C - Royal Hospital Chelsea). A wonderful find!

I didnt pay much for it having no idea of what it is really worth. I tend to buy military items and sell them on for a profit so I can buy some nice helmets for my collection my wife is really understanding about my 90 plus collection of helmets

Cool item.

I have one of the hats they wore.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.