Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

British battledress US made

Article about: Hello. What do you think about this jacket? Are patches and chevrons oryginal? Regards

p37
    ?

Default British battledress US made

Hello. What do you think about this jacket? Are patches and chevrons oryginal? Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British battledress US made   British battledress US made  

British battledress US made   British battledress US made  

British battledress US made  

?

All looks fine I do not collect british uniforms but I know a little about them, I never knew the US made british uniforms

Hi there, I do collect British uniforms and this one all looks great to me. Douglas

All appears fine.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

p37
    ?

Thanks for answers. Regards

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    All looks fine I do not collect british uniforms but I know a little about them, I never knew the US made british uniforms
    It looks to be a nice P-37 BD with original war time applied insignia.
    Gel65 the US manufactured uniforms and supplied many other items as part of the lend lease program between the US and England during the second world war

Regards Mark K

Commonly known as a War Aid Battledress and they are easily spotted by the double cloth labels and the pleatless pockets with exposed buttons as found on austerity pattern BD's but have the covered buttons on the fly front as found on p37 or pre austerity p40 bd's. It looks good and the US versions tend to be very desirable now as they were at the time and with what appears to be original insignia, very nice.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Indeed.

Many of these were issued to troops fighting in Italy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!