Become our sponsor and display your banner here

British belts and leather sword carriers

Article about: I have attached a few photos of some British kit that I have been asked to sell on a friends behalf. I know nothing about British kit especially its value so I am hoping some one here can he

Default British belts and leather sword carriers

I have attached a few photos of some British kit that I have been asked to sell on a friends behalf. I know nothing about British kit especially its value so I am hoping some one here can help. One of the belts is dated 1919 from what I can see.
    I am sure they are not worth a fortune but just want to apply a price thats right for the seller and the buyer.
    Thanks,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0217.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	344.4 KB 
ID:	557940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	362.5 KB 
ID:	557939  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0215.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	369.1 KB 
ID:	557938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	347.7 KB 
ID:	557941  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	557946  

Ok, so no replies to help me get an idea of value. Would anyone out there pay 5 a piece for these items or am I being too optimistic. Please let me know what you think. If its not ww.2 German I don't know and am not really interested hense my request.
    D.

NCA
    ?

The leather sword frogs I believe are part of the 'sam browne' equipment...as to value I cant help you there.The other three web belts are British 1908 pattern belts.Average value is around 40-50 maybe a bit more for the 'L' stamped one as its a big size.The dark coloured one at the bottom is unusual...

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Any idea where I should try to sell these on. Again I just don't know anyone in this particulare area.... I am very blinkered to German ww.2. I would like them to go to a collector who would want to keep them.
    D.

NCA
    ?

I'd be interested in the long 08 belt...

You could put them on Ebay or in a classified on the forum. Either way, I think you should go for these items for 5 each. You will find a buyer.