MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?

Article about: Hi All, I’m not sure which forum would be best to post this question, so will start here. The item pictured below belonged to a soldier with the Polish 2nd Corps who fought alongside the 8th

Default Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?

Hi All, I’m not sure which forum would be best to post this question, so will start here.

The item pictured below belonged to a soldier with the Polish 2nd Corps who fought alongside the 8th Army durng the Italian campaign. It is a pouch that was made from some camouflage fabric that I am trying to identify. I’m posting it here first in case it is a British camo pattern. There’s a possibility it may even be German, or other.

It is a course cotton type fabric, but not quite as heavy as canvas. Is anyone here able to identify this origin of this pattern?

Many thanks in advance,
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?   Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?  

Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?   Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?  

All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

Default Re: Is this a British Camouflage Pattern?

it is Italian camouflage. zer Germans made use of large amounts of it. jackets, coveralls etc

Thanks PZ. Italian eh? Interesting to know that the Germans would have used an Italian pattern. Only after posting the question here did it occur to me that the German section may have been a better choice as it makes the most sense that fabric from a captured piece of German army garb would have been used. Anyway, many thanks again.

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

Quote by prosty zolnierz View Post
    it is Italian camouflage. zer Germans made use of large amounts of it. jackets, coveralls etc
    Prosty Zolnierz has nailed it - It is indeed Italian camo material...............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks again guys. One more mystery solved. Now onto the next . . . .

Cheers,
    T.