Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Article about: Hello I get today the Major Dress from "Royal Warwickshire Regiment" . Can you give me more iformations about the dress ? . In which period it can be dated ? . Also help with the M

Default British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment

Hello

I get today the Major Dress from "Royal Warwickshire Regiment" .

Can you give me more iformations about the dress ? . In which period it can be dated ? .
    Also help with the Medal ribbons would be great .

I'm very excited about all the information .

best regards
    Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment   British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment  

British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment   British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment  

British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment   British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment  

I found in a book something about the buttons , It is 211 .

But what does it mean it for the dating of the uniform ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment  

?

The ribons are:
    MBE, British War Medal,1908 -1935 India General Service, 1936-1939 India General Service, 1939-1945 Star, Africa Star, Burma Star, War Medal 39-45, India Service Medal, and Army Long Service & Good Conduct Medal.
    Would appear he was originally an other rank who was eventually commissioned. Having only the BWM, and not the Victory Medal, he was perhaps serving in a Territorial Battalion in India during WWI, without seeing any action.
    Buttons are King's crown, pre-1953, which makes sense for the period that the medal ribbons cover.
    Could have been a quartermaster, or possibly a line officer; without a name, impossible to know.

BobS

Hello BobS

Thank you very much for the Informations !

Really interesting he history .

Have you Idea in which period was made the Uniform , WW1 , between the wars , or after 1940 ? .

I made 2 pictures , the left button are from the Uniform , the right from my collection found in B.E.F. 1940 Area , The two are very different .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment   British Officer Dress Major Royal Warwickshire Regiment  

Have you looked inside the inside pocket and under the chest pocket flaps for a named makers label?

Looks a good tunic. As Bob stated he must have only been in India in WWI to get just the war medal.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hello Jerry

I think in the back was one , but now removed .