Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Officer´s Battledress or not?

Article about: Thanks Adrian, I will do that.

Default British Officer´s Battledress or not?

I need advice if I have bought British WW2 Officer´s private production battledress or not. What do you think? One my colleague told me that he can see it as Belgium one after WW2 production. I do not know please let me know your standpoint.

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer´s Battledress or not?   British Officer´s Battledress or not?  

British Officer´s Battledress or not?   British Officer´s Battledress or not?  

British Officer´s Battledress or not?  

Not private purchase, but it does have the collar conversion often seen for officers use. It does not appear to be a post war Belgian BD, though not sure on the date of the buttons as they are not the type I would expect on an early war BD and the fabric does not look the same as that used by the British which is a coarser, looking more like that seen on Canadian or Australian BD's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Here you go gents just for a little context on the textiles used on war time manufactured BD's

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer´s Battledress or not?  

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Here you go gents just for a little context on the textiles used on war time manufactured BD's

Regards Mark
    I'll have to do one of these from my collection, though I don't have the US version.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Here are two examples from my collection for comparison on the textiles with the original posters example a 1943 dated BD and a early post post war dated Canadian BD from 1953 .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer´s Battledress or not?   British Officer´s Battledress or not?  

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Here are two examples from my collection for comparison on the textiles with the original posters example a 1943 dated BD and a early post post war dated Canadian BD from 1953 .

Regards Mark

Any other comments? So far I have not learnt too much information. So regarding all responses it can be converter BD pattern 1937 with changed buttons, or Canadian after war. Please does anybody can comment more?

Do you have any inside pictures about Canadian after WW2 BD? and back overview? Thank you for any help.

?

I will upload some interior shots this Evening of a Canadian post war BD.

Regards Mark

Post war Canadian BD's do not have the center seam. Canadian BD's nearly always have large inkstamp makers marks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Officer´s Battledress or not?  
    Regards,

Jerry

My feeling is that it is postwar and not British. If it were British, it would have a white label (or stitching marks where it was) and I would expect to see WD ink stamps, though of course these might not be present in a private purchase item. Just out of interest, has anyone here seen a private purchase British wartime battledress? because I never have.

I have seen plenty of Brit private purchase BD's and I believe this is one of them.

Doug: have a look a some of my wife's ATS kit shown here on the forum and you can see private made BD.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast