Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British OR's collarless shirt and collar

Article about: Never seen one with a factory-made rear stud hole either. I have an original shirt with a home-made rear stud hole. These were collar-less shirts (i.e. designed to be worn without collar) un

Default British OR's collarless shirt and collar

Picked this one up today in one of the local antiques centers, nicely broad arrow and maker marked, but sadly missing its date, but war time I think. I had seen it previously but I had to do some research before buying it and I was surprised at the prices for these on dealers site, with examples going for up to £250.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British OR's collarless shirt and collar   British OR's collarless shirt and collar  

British OR's collarless shirt and collar  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

NCA
    ?

Default Re: British OR's collarless shirt and collar

Nice find.Lucky you.i'd have bought it in a heartbeat!
    I'm 99% sure its ww2...

I would say it's certainly WW2, as this pattern of shirt was replaced in 1944 with a collar-attached type. Faulat was a common maker of WW2 shirts. I havent seen that particular type of button on these shirts before actually.

There were variations in pattern, some having the ability to attach a collar, some not.

Very hard to find though, and a great find

Rob

Thanks NCA and Rob.

Sadly it is missing the button from the rear of the collar, but not a big issue and I should be able to replace it when I can find a suitable replacement.
    Regards,

Jerry

I am staggered at the price being asked for one of these!

Nice Buy!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I am staggered at the price being asked for one of these!

Nice Buy!

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade,

I was shocked when I checked on dealers sites, though obviously I paid only a fraction of that price. It was more than one dealer that had them up from anywhere between £150-250, depending on condition and if they still had any markings surviving. Maker marked and broad arrow stamped examples in good condition were at the top end of that price range.
    Regards,

Jerry

Mine was £8...God I feel old...
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Mine was £8...God I feel old...
    Ade you are old, though not as old as me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thanks NCA and Rob.

Sadly it is missing the button from the rear of the collar, but not a big issue and I should be able to replace it when I can find a suitable replacement.
    I don't think it would normally have a button on the back of the collar. At least, not in my experience of these items. Normally there would just either be a slit/buttonhole for a rear collar stud or nothing at all. In the latter case, it would not have the ability to attach a collar.

It's possible that there was such a variation, I have just never seen one.

Rob

Quote by Battery Command Post View Post
    I don't think it would normally have a button on the back of the collar. At least, not in my experience of these items. Normally there would just either be a slit/buttonhole for a rear collar stud or nothing at all. In the latter case, it would not have the ability to attach a collar.

It's possible that there was such a variation, I have just never seen one.

Rob
    Your probably correct Rob, it has a small hole for a stud I assume.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast