Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

British Oversuit Tank Crew "pixie"

Article about: Hi, I'm in the process of moving house and have come across a 'Pixie' suit like the one you have in the photos here. I bought it over 25 years ago on impulse and tried it on once. I found it

Default British Oversuit Tank Crew "pixie"

G'day All

Here's a 44 example for you all to see. I love these suits due to the amount of detail in these! pockets left right and centre!!!!

Default Re: British Oversuit Tank Crew "pixie"

one more shot

?

Nice suit,would that be treated with fire retardent?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

That I can't be sure but it does have an element of stiffness in the fabric?

?

Here we go again Rene!!
    Are you determined to collect ALL the British/Aus/NZ surplus webbing and uniform in the southern hemisphere!! LOL
    Seriously though mate, lovely piece of kit in great condition. Nice to see that it still has the internal braces, waist belt AND hood. My late grandfather, who was a serjeant tank commander on Churchills in the war, always said that this was the best piece of kit that he was issued in 12 years service.

Zwerge
    The "Pixie suit" was NOT fire proofed, it was manufactured from a, (very), heavy cotton canvas. This version is one of about 3 different types that I know of, the others being an earlier version, that differed in some details, (a neck haul strap and less pockets being the two main differences). A lightweight denim version and a version in a camouflage pattern similar to the Dennison smock and windproof camouflage suit, but in a distinctly pinkish base tone.

Regards etc

Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Last edited by jimpy; 11-22-2010 at 12:19 PM.

?

Rene, where on earth do you manage to get all this British gear, and in such good nick, i havent seen one of these in years, but i had the chance to get one many moons ago but i bought something else instead, they used to sell these down a market called Petticoat lane, here in London, thats where i got most of my early collection from, wish id kept all of it, worth a bloody fortune now

Well I was single at one time! Thanks Guys on your great replies
    Tip for you single guys - Grab everything you can! then get married!
    Love My Wife God Bless Her

Ahh the Tankies-always a good idea to be short and slender!

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Ahh the Tankies-always a good idea to be short and slender!
    Which is precisely why the British army of WWII mechanised the majority of the Brigade of Guards and put them in tanks! (Every single soldier over 6ft tall.........buggered if I can see the logic in that!)

Quote by davejb View Post
    Rene, where on earth do you manage to get all this British gear, and in such good nick, i havent seen one of these in years, but i had the chance to get one many moons ago but i bought something else instead, they used to sell these down a market called Petticoat lane, here in London, thats where i got most of my early collection from, wish id kept all of it, worth a bloody fortune now
    Sorry buddy I have a little more in my lot, but difficult to get to as I have at least 10 tubs full of uniforms from lots of nations! room is the issue for me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast