British? Post war sniper smock

Article about: Name: IMG_1084.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 236.3 KB  ID: 1004636 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> I've been having a sort out of my outdoor stuff and found this, I use it to d

Default British? Post war sniper smock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1084.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	1004636

I've been having a sort out of my outdoor stuff and found this, I use it to demonstrate camouflage when teaching Forest School playing a sort of woodland hide and seek. The kids love dressing up in it and hiding and are often quite hard to find. I bought it from an army surplus stall in a local market but have only ever seen this one. It doesn't have any ID markings or labels that I have found but as it is DPM I'm assuming it's British, maybe 1980's or 90's.

Looks to be a British Army Sniper ghillie suit jacket

Thanks, thought it was. It's amazing how effective it is and how easily you can vanish into a woodland whilst wearing it. As I said initially the kids, mainly small boys, used to love it.

I can say that it definitely isn't a British forces issued Ghillie suit, especially as most of these are actually made up by the owners themselves from normal issued smocks, usually the issued sniper smock is basically a Para smock with extra arm padding.

Example below:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	1004965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	1004963  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	1004962   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (3).jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	1004964  

"Per Ardua"

They issued the ghillie suit also like the one shown ,it comes as a 3 part set jacket ,trousers and head cover , the owner would add his own cam to it , cut Sand bags, cloth etc I have the same set somewhere that was issued to a friend of mine who was a sniper with PWRR

Quote by kradman View Post
    They issued the ghillie suit also like the one shown ,it comes as a 3 part set jacket ,trousers and head cover , the owner would add his own cam to it , cut Sand bags, cloth etc I have the same set somewhere that was issued to a friend of mine who was a sniper with PWRR
    As the original post pic, Kradman?
    "Per Ardua"

Hi Paul yes as the original photo shown , there were some in plan green and some in DPM no labels with NSN on the items only on the carrying bag for the suit

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi Paul yes as the original photo shown , there were some in plan green and some in DPM no labels with NSN on the items only on the carrying bag for the suit
    Well I never, I never came across anything like it, all of the guys used to have to make their own from spare smocks.

Everydays a school day!
    "Per Ardua"