MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British SD Tunic

Article about: Hello, Please, can you help me identify this Royal Army Pay Corps SD Tunic. Is this WW2 or early post war? Regards A.S.

Default British SD Tunic

Hello,

Please, can you help me identify this Royal Army Pay Corps SD Tunic. Is this WW2 or early post war?

Regards
    A.S.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British SD Tunic   British SD Tunic  

British SD Tunic   British SD Tunic  

I am thinking post war because of the lack of button holes on the bottom pocket flaps

Quote by kradman View Post
    I am thinking post war because of the lack of button holes on the bottom pocket flaps
    The WWII period austerity pattern from late 42 has no buttons on the lower pockets and no pleats which matches this example. I am not sure it started life as RAPC as the collars appear to have spare holes from other badges and the black thread on the buttons suggest they have been replaced.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, looks to me like a period tunic but as Jerry has pointed out, the insignia and buttons have been messed around with. Leon.

Well you learn something new every day

Gentlemen's, Thank you kindly for your comments. I found an item at a Flea Market.

Regards
    A.S

Tell me about it mate, I get told so much new information that I can hardly remember my name anymore! Leo?

Hi, looks to be WW2 to me, have you looked in the liner pockets for a tailors label? there maybe a name and/or date.

Cheers
    Harry

These were only made from 42 till 45.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Yes that's true, if I had seen it, I'd have probably dismissed it as being postwar. As Leon says, sometimes it's even hard to remember your name after being bombarded with new info.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast