Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Button polishing equipment

Article about: Hello people, As I said to my previous thread I found a local antique store and went by to search a little bit! I found some interesting items but I need your help to determine their origina

Default Button polishing equipment

Hello people,

As I said to my previous thread I found a local antique store and went by to search a little bit! I found some interesting items but I need your help to determine their originality!
    I found this items that as far as I know it was used for polishing uniform buttons but other than that I know nothing in regard of how to tell an original apart and how to find its age so I need your help...
    I think the originals are a little overpriced so if this is proved to be good to go its price is rediculous...

Button polishing equipmentButton polishing equipmentButton polishing equipment

This is an original British army button stick which is marked with the patent date of 1917. These were certainly in use during WW2 and probably also at the end of WW1.

I think the price for this one is perfect as it is priced to 5gbp... I was searching for info on buttons and read somewhere that the original ones are a bit expensive... Is that true?

That's a reasonable price but I don't think button sticks are usually expensive.

NCA
    ?

I think these are interesting...theres a great variety of them to collect...some made of steel, vulcanised fibre, Bakelite, hinged type so you can polish three tunic buttons at a time, Mills patent type...Unit marked types...god i'm a geek.