Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody identify this flight suit?

Article about: Hi forum members, Frank from the museum again. I was wondering if anybody could help me with dating a flight suit? I believe this suit can never be a WWII which was worn by the crew a B-17 B

Default Can anybody identify this flight suit?

Hi forum members,

Frank from the museum again. I was wondering if anybody could help me with dating a flight suit? I believe this suit can never be a WWII which was worn by the crew a B-17 Bomber shot down over Holland in January 1944. As the suit was introduced in February 1945 if I am not mistaken? Also it is a pressurized suit for fighter pilots pulling "G"'s. It is a Z Type US NAVY flight suit. But where was it issued and used? Pacific? Europe maybe? It is a nylon olive green suit with a zipper diagonally on the front and a Schrader nozzle to hook to pressurize the suit. Talon zippers and GRIPPER push buttons.

Can anybody identify this flight suit?Can anybody identify this flight suit?Can anybody identify this flight suit?Can anybody identify this flight suit?Can anybody identify this flight suit?Can anybody identify this flight suit?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you before hand and I hope to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Frank C. Everards

Hi Frank

Not to sure if this helps check this from Frank Clark Co. for US Navy see below.

US Military Aviation - Flight Helmets

US Military Aviation - Flight Equipment

Phill

Hi Phill! Thanks so much! Great help!

Hi Frank

What is your website address , always interested in D-Day operational history.

I do have Reports of Operations First US Army 7 volume which goes into detail from First Army perspective August 1943 to July 1944 period. The series is named to BG Robert W Wilson who was G4 Logistics coordinator for First US Army on Bradley's COS.

Phill

Hi Phill
    frank@normandy1944.info

Nice to meet you!

Website: D-Day, Normandy and beyond but the website is like 16 years old I am redesigning it now ...

Thanks Frank

Much appreciated will check the site out.

Phill

Thanks Phill let me know what you think! :-)

Hi Frank

I sent an email via your website.

Phill