Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can anybody identify this pattern of KD tunic?

Article about: I picked up this tunic (or blouse) recently, but I can't place the style. It has a paper label with wording that makes it sound like it was intended for one of the colonies... Any help would

?

Default Can anybody identify this pattern of KD tunic?

I picked up this tunic (or blouse) recently, but I can't place the style. It has a paper label with wording that makes it sound like it was intended for one of the colonies... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The button appears to be Royal Australian Engineers

Here's a Australian made type for comparison

?

Thanks René! It does look similar to the Australian KD tunic, but is has some differences as well. Just out of curiousity, did Australian Royal Engineer buttons have 'AUSTRALIA' anywhere in the design?

Quote by karkee View Post
    Thanks René! It does look similar to the Australian KD tunic, but is has some differences as well. Just out of curiousity, did Australian Royal Engineer buttons have 'AUSTRALIA' anywhere in the design?
    Not from what I know
    I used the JK Cossum book "Buttons of the defense forces in Australia" for reference and the one shown there was a queens crown of a similar design but with the EiiR Elizabeth.

The makers are mid 1920's whilst paper labels were phased out late 1920's
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

If that's a 1920's jacket then that explains why most of us have not seen that particular variation before, rare find Karkee. Can not recall seeing the collar with the rear peak before.

Oz.

I would think this has something to do with "Crown Agents" who worked in agencies in the colonies and were similar to but distinct from the Civil Service.

I hope this is a bit of a lead.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks for all the replies guys (I don't know why I received no notification about them)!

The "Reqn A.C.F. 21/7" and the George VI buttons make me think that the jacket is later than the 1920s, but that is just a gut feeling and I have no real clue! Maybe a photo will surface showing a similar jacket someday!

Quote by karkee View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys (I don't know why I received no notification about them)!

The "Reqn A.C.F. 21/7" and the George VI buttons make me think that the jacket is later than the 1920s, but that is just a gut feeling and I have no real clue! Maybe a photo will surface showing a similar jacket someday!
    No reason to think they would not carry on issuing items because they have been superseded. It is standard HM forces to continue in service with and to issue until all old stock is used up. I was reading a letter from the War Office granting a change in a badge design that specifically states that the new version will not be issued until stocks of the existing badge are used up. The paper labels were phased out toward the end of the 1920's, but that does not mean any old stock, especially if held abroad, would not continue to be issued or worn.

I assume the buttons are easy to attach.......
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast