Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody recognize this coat???

Article about: Hello guys, I need help. I am trying to clarify type and producer of coat that is pointed by red arrow at two added pictures. I suppose that is something specific issue just for officers som

Default Can anybody recognize this coat???

Hello guys, I need help. I am trying to clarify type and producer of coat that is pointed by red arrow at two added pictures. I suppose that is something specific issue just for officers something as the raincoat or trench coat. The unit is 1st Czechoslovak army corps in USSR from WWII era. Pictures are from 1943 and 1945. A lot of officers arrived to the unit from Great Britain where it was established 1st Czechoslovak Armored brigade group. I could see also these coast at some officers from this unit in Britain. I know how the official raincoat made in Britain in WWII look like but this coat is something another one. From my point of view it is more closer to US rain - trench coat used by officers in WWII but the color and a few small stuff are totally different. Please any clarification will help me a lot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody recognize this coat???   Can anybody recognize this coat???  

Default Re: Can anybody recognize this coat???

The British used a coat similar to the US trench coat, private purchase for officers and made by Burberry and was the inspiration for the US trench coat.

From wikipedia;

In 1914 Burberry was commissioned by the War Office to adapt its officer's coat to suit the conditions of contemporary warfare, resulting in the "trench coat".[4] After the war, the trench coat became popular with civilians. The iconic Burberry check was created in the 1920s and used as a lining in its trench coats.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.