Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Canadian Battle Dress Blouse

Article about: Hi everyone, I ask your help for correctly identify this Battle Dress Blouse, mint condition, I found it in a vintage clothing store. I think it's a Canadian Pattern and seems good to me, bu

Default Canadian Battle Dress Blouse

Hi everyone,
    I ask your help for correctly identify this Battle Dress Blouse, mint condition, I found it in a vintage clothing store.
    I think it's a Canadian Pattern and seems good to me, but I'm not an great expert in these items, so I would like to know your opinions.
    I thank you in advance.

Greetings
    Roberto

Canadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  BlouseCanadian Battle Dress  Blouse

CBH
    ?

Looks good to me , nice find at a used clothing store ! Lots of post 45's around , but war dated are getting hard to find . Well done .

?

Absolutely Canadian

?

100% original Canadian BD, Pre 44 pattern which is far rarer than the later 44 pattern and worth far more, that's the BDs that Canadians collect as well as Collectors of Canadian Items in France Belgium and the NL.

That is a great find
    You are very lucky if you paid less than $150 US for it

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks Dean,
    this is a good news, I paid 80 Euros=$88 US, but other than, I'm glad that its original and uncommon.

Cheers
    Roberto

?

The 44 pattern BDs are refered too as Zombie suits, they have an open collar, not a closed collar as yours has.... it is called a Zombie BD as it was the type issued to Conscripts from Canada, however they were also issued as replacement BDs for earlier ones that needed replacement, as well as those that Vollinteered after this pattern came out...the 44 pattern caused a lot of problems for those that had the 44 pattern as a replacement as well as Vols, that joined in 44 and 45 ( due to age), they were not treated well by Canadian Soldiers wearing the earlier issue,, and were insaulted by being called Zombies, when many were not...it lead to small riots when Soldiers that had joined in 39 to 43 were reissued these...

Funny everything has a story, and this is one of the lesser known stories.

Great Find

DEan O
    Canada

Hi Dean,
    I did not know this story and I thank you for to have it told to me, there is always something to learn and that of Canadian Army is a subject that I gladly deepen.
    In my family, in which there have been many WW2 veterans, they taught me respect for the sacrifice of Allied troops in my Country during WW2, and the Canadian Soldiers have given a great contribution......the Ortona Battle is a great example of military prowess.
    I hope I have written correctly, my English is not very good!

Thanks
    Roberto

CBH
    ?

Great info Dean ! Didn't know that story myself and I'm Canadian !!!! Cheers and Happy New Year to you all .

?

Thank you your comments guys. I forgot to mention that conscripts were called Zombies in Canada, hence the name given to those BDs

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks, Friends
    Happy New Year to you all!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast