Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Battledress opinions needed

Article about: I have a chanche to buy this west nova scotia BD. But the canadian tabs dont look 100% to me. But im not a expert at insignia. Could someone please tell me or the insignia is original. The c

Default Canadian Battledress opinions needed

I have a chanche to buy this west nova scotia BD.

But the canadian tabs dont look 100% to me. But im not a expert at insignia. Could someone please tell me or the insignia is original. The canadian tab doesnt seem to sewn onto the patch does that mean the tabs are repro? i fo have seen that once before but im here for help from the more experienced battledress collectors. i have added one example

Sincerely Sam
    Last edited by SamvanW; 12-29-2014 at 01:25 AM.

i forgot one thing. Also the shoulder patches if i look at the pictures it seems like the title is printed on the patch. I have mostly seen them with sewn titles on the patch. Does that mean the patches are repro

It's all fine, printed patches were used in 1945, the Canada titles are spot on too, It looks like a lightly worn demob uniform. Proper 1st div formation patches etc. The lack of any ribbons on the chest for the 39-45 star, CVSM or italy star suggest a late war commission.
    The Second World War

Some info on the unit:

The regiment mobilized as The West Nova Scotia Regiment, CASF for active service on 1 September 1939. The unit then embarked for Great Britain on 21 December 1939. It was redesignated as the 1st Battalion, The West Nova Scotia Regiment, CASF on 7 November 1940. It landed in Sicily on 10 July 1943, and in Italy on 3 September 1943, as part of the 3rd Infantry Brigade, 1st Canadian Infantry Division. On 19 March 1945, the battalion moved with the 1st Canadian Corps to North West Europe, where it fought until the end of the war. The overseas battalion was disbanded on 15 October 1945.[9]

On 1 June 1945, a second Active Force component of the regiment was mobilized for service in the Pacific theatre of operations designated as the 3rd Canadian Infantry Battalion (The West Nova Scotia Regiment), CASF. Following VJ-Day the battalion was disbanded on 1 November 1945.[10]

Thanks for your quick reply. i have a picture of the stamp. but i couldn't uplaod that one. because its on the site itself and i cant copy that. this BD is made in 1943 here is the link. ? ww2 Battledress West Nova Scotia regt - Militaria | Tweede Wereldoorlog - Marktplaats.nl in may 1945

Im glad its okay. I like this BD alot because the west nova scotia regiment has liberated my Hometown

What do you mean with demob? never heard of that

Demob = demobilisation. The time when a soldier left the Army.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is a war time made Canadian BD, but from the poor pics I find it hard to comment on the insignia and when it was applied to the BD.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I will ask the seller for some detailed close up pictures