Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943

Article about: Here is yet another officer's tunic from my collection. it's nicely marked, and in very good shape. I have a question for you collectors of the Commonwealth gear. I have seen that the cloth

Default Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943

Here is yet another officer's tunic from my collection. it's nicely marked, and in very good shape.
    I have a question for you collectors of the Commonwealth gear. I have seen that the cloth pips are different colours on the shoulders. Is there some sort of method as to who gets what colour?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943   Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943  

Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943   Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943  

Default Re: Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943

Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    Here is yet another officer's tunic from my collection. it's nicely marked, and in very good shape.
    I have a question for you collectors of the Commonwealth gear. I have seen that the cloth pips are different colours on the shoulders. Is there some sort of method as to who gets what colour?
    Infantry- Red, Recce- Green, Armour-yellow. Airborne-light blue. etc. John.

Cool John....thanks cat

Sweet looking BD blouse...I have a WO BD blouse myself but yours is in much better shape by the looks of it. Mine has damage from years of poor storage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943   Canadian tunic Regina Rifles 1943  

Nice display dude...is that a Sten I see poking out in the back
    Yours looks almost unissued. The divisional patch doesn't even have dog eared corners.
    (I would love to see a shot of that shelf behind the WO uniform..looks interesting)

Say, mk1rceme..you see that square below the label stamp on my uniform that has a date with an 'x" through it?
    I was told that this is some sort of laundry/tailor repair...? Does that make sense to you?

ScB

Yep, thats a mkII Sten de-ac. Not a Canadian made one though. The pics make the Div patch.....well, ALL the patches look bright and new. In person you can see the rust damage spots on some and storage soiling all over the blouse. Stunk like mold when I first got it. I still haven't repaired the buttons which are all rusty and falling off.

Yeah someday I'll take a few new pics of the war room...messy right now.

I'm not sure what that stamp would be on your blouse...new one to me.

Dale