Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!

Article about: Hi, Annoyed from this ads?   I would buy this battledress trousers, but, hoow you can see, they are not marked or dated... the label is missing (see photo). The seller sale as a ww2 tro

Default Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!

Hi,
    I would buy this battledress trousers, but, hoow you can see, they are not marked or dated... the label is missing (see photo).
    The seller sale as a ww2 trouser, but I'm not so sure they are and I ask your help.
    I have 3 hypothesis: Canadian, Greek, Dutch, but ww2 or post war? What do you think?

Thank you in advanced for your help.
    parisan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!   Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!  

Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!   Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!  

Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!   Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!  

Canadian ww2 trousers... or Greek... or Dutch: NEEDED HELP!  

Hi, I'm no expert on these so I may be proved wrong but I believe Canadian trousers would be "ink stamped" with the manufacturers details and date, so for me that would rule them out. They seem to be more likely to be post war Greek/Dutch as they are in very good condition but no makers details and date (probably removed on purpose). Leon.

I agree with Leon.

Note also the placement of the pocket on the leg, it is more to the side than WW2 British issue BD trousers. Colour is also off.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks guys!

partisan