Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets

Article about: I recently acquired a couple of war dated Aertex shirts, so I am looking for advice on the preferred method for cleaning. Is hand washing the best way to clean these pieces, is dry cleaning

?

Default Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets

I recently acquired a couple of war dated Aertex shirts, so I am looking for advice on the preferred method for cleaning. Is hand washing the best way to clean these pieces, is dry cleaning even an option? What do you guys normally do?

I have hand washed them in the past. Often they feel a bit stiff and greasy and it gets rid of that.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I tried something today regarding my Aertex shirts, not washing but steaming using a hand held steamer. Jacket was extremely wrinkled due to shipping. I think it worked great, see what you think.

Seller's photo:

Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets

Before Steaming:

Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets

After Steaming:

Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets Cleaning of Aertex Uniform Shirts and Jackets

?

Unless the fabric has become brittle (dry rot), I've had no issues handwashing in warm water with a light detergent such as woolite. Air dry on flat surface.