Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cloth waist belt on a ww2 Brit SD tunic?

Article about: Hello mates!Continuing my further research on the ww2 british service dress tunics I am looking forward to buying a Royal Artillery Captains one!But this one has an unusuall feauture.It come

Default Cloth waist belt on a ww2 Brit SD tunic?

Hello mates!Continuing my further research on the ww2 british service dress tunics I am looking forward to buying a Royal Artillery Captains one!But this one has an unusuall feauture.It comes with a cloth waist belt,which is a bit strange as these jackets were worn with the leather sam browne belt!The cloth belt is named to the same officer as the tunic,both ww2 dated.So is this combination ''right''!Many Thanks for your time and help

Yes its normal. I have several officers service dress jackets with wartime dates and cloth belts which match the tunics. I also have several simplified utility jackets (both made 1944) that dont have them.

I suspect that the tunic was sometimes worn without the Sam Brown Belt.

Doug

Hi Woodpecker, Doug is spot on the mark. Service Dress uniforms were and are usually purchased complete with a materiel belt with a double prong brass or annodised buckle. There are usualy two small webb loops, one on either side of the waste through which the webb straps on the inside of the belt pass in order to keep the belt in position and to avoid loosing it when not fastened. The Sam Brown belt is classed as an accoutrement ergo an additional item and usually worn for non ceremonial Number 2 Dress wear. An officer or WO1 usually has several Service Dress tunics but only one Sam Brown which is kept highly polished.

Hope this helps
    Cheers Michael R

Another time mates your info is priceless!

Hi Woodpecker, I would hope that I speak for all of your fellow Members, you are more than welcome to any information we can provide to each other??
    Cheers Michael R

Hello again Michael!My english isn't very good.Please explain me this!If I understood right,yes,I am much οblised to you lads that you are helping me to make clear some topics on ww2 british militaria!

Hi Woodpecker, I am trying to say that we all help each other and that you can ask for help whenever you like!! You are very welcome and we will do our best for you. Carry on asking questions!!!!!!
    Best wishes Michael R

As Douglas and Michael has stated, officers SD tunics do sometimes come with a cloth belt of the same fabric as the tunic, I have one with one of my SD tunics, an Indian made example from 44.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Anon thank you for the feedback.I would be really very pleased if you could show us this SD tunic!Michael I owe you a big thank you for your good words.Our cooperation is excellent

Here is the tunic, though the belt is in the pocket, so perhaps not what you wanted to see. I will rephotograph it one day when the light is better, really dull here today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cloth waist belt on a ww2 Brit SD tunic?   Cloth waist belt on a ww2 Brit SD tunic?  

Cloth waist belt on a ww2 Brit SD tunic?  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast