Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse

Article about: Hello everybody! I have recently purchased a BD blouse badged to a sergeant of the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry, 4th Division. The rank chevrons a embroidered on rifle green cloth. As lon

Default DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse

Hello everybody! I have recently purchased a BD blouse badged to a sergeant of the Duke of Cornwall Light Infantry, 4th Division. The rank chevrons a embroidered on rifle green cloth. As long as I know, the DCLI sergeants on their "best" BD wore gold on red chevrons, whereas lance sergeants red on green ones. It was the King's Shropshire Light Infantry that had their chevrons mounted on dark green cloth... but still this blouse is scarcely to be considered as a "best" BD, judging from the printed regimental titles and divisional flashes. Another odd thing is that the chevrons are machine sewn, whereas the titles and flashes have been hand stitched... what's your advise? Thank you in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse   DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse  

DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse   DCLI 1940 Pattern battle dress blouse