Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?

Article about: Gents I have a couple of M-65 pattern field jackets in my collection and I have had this example for a number of years unfortunately the manufacturers tag is no longer present in this exampl

?

Default Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?

Gents I have a couple of M-65 pattern field jackets in my collection and I have had this example for a number of years unfortunately the manufacturers tag is no longer present in this example so I am having a hard time determining the production date.
    I have done a little bit of research on them and by the material used as the liner in the pockets ,the tan herringbone twill material used for the zipper tape,the zipper,snap manufacturer and the pocket style suggests it is an early production model.
    Do any of you gents know of a good on line source to help me determine the year of production and or possibly one of you gents may have some knowledge on these you would be willing to pass on any help would be greatly appreciated .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?   Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?  

Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?   Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?  

?

Thanks Gunny out of my area of collecting that is great news if it is as you say an M-51 perhaps I will have better luck finding a matching example LOL.
    I do have a late production M-65 that is nicely tagged but there are quite a few differences between this field jacket and my other example time to get my prescription adjusted on my glasses.

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early US M-65 Field Jacket ?