Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Finding a WW2 dated Brit BD Blouse

Article about: Hello mates.I was thinking to make a significant progress to my ww2 British Collection.So,I have to find a ww2 dated British Battledress Blouse in a fair condition and price.I would like to

Default Finding a WW2 dated Brit BD Blouse

Hello mates.I was thinking to make a significant progress to my ww2 British Collection.So,I have to find a ww2 dated British Battledress Blouse in a fair condition and price.I would like to have your help because I dont know any site where I can find it!Many Thanks P.S Insignia on the Blouse not nessecery needed

Default Re: Finding a WW2 dated Brit BD Blouse

PM sent.

Wartime Battledress is never cheap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade you are right.I found few at the site you told me but they were a bit expensive

I thought that you might think they were expensive. As I said earlier, they are not cheap anymore. Expect to pay at least 150 for one minus all the insignia.

I used to buy them for 2.50 each back in the early 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have find one with 125 pound with the serge's stripes and a crown up of them.The date at the label is faith but the seller says that ''the WD inspectors date code of O confirms the year of 1942''.What do you think Ade.Many Thanks

The rank would be Staff Sgt.

Sounds ok sight unseen.

Cheers, Ade.

thousands of these went to the rag & bone man,complete with all insignia and medal ribbons.I useto hang out at a family friends yard in Woolwich,Frankie Taylors,everything was free to me, medals badges English and german.this was in the eary 50s.sigh.

Lucky man.Wish I had the opportunity

?

Years ago I was in a local Goodwill resale shop, waiting for my wife to make her purchases. Walking around bored silly, I noticed a short jacket in one of the racks. That short jacket was a war dated British BD blouse, no insignia on it and it appeared to be unissued. Took it home with me for $5 US. After that I was more willing to go with the wife on her resale shop hunts. Oh, I sold that blouse to another chap for 20 times what I paid for it, using the money to further my collection.