Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grandfathers US Army WW2 Uniform

Article about: Can i get moth holes fixed on my Grandfather's uniform. Even got a moth hole on the hat...smh

?

Default Grandfathers US Army WW2 Uniform

Can i get moth holes fixed on my Grandfather's uniform. Even got a moth hole on the hat.

He was one of the top engineers for DuPont. The uniform was moved to a downstairs closet and should have stayed in the attic in the wood closet with the moth balls.

Last edited by rbminis; 10-14-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited to add photos correctly

Nice jacket, I wouldn't worry too much there, but I'd be chasing up the buttons that's for sure!

Taken from Phil's thread

- "For a repair one thing you can do is find a piece of material over hang from inside (if possible?) cut it up finely and fill the hole using the cut threads & clear craft glue."
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-13-2019 at 01:34 AM. Reason: added text

?

That is a nice jacket!!
    Very cool Jack!!
    Here is the thread when I asked about what to do about Moth nips
    I got to say it again. That is a very cool jacket/garrison cap you have of your Grandfathers.
    Moth Nip's

Sorry I see you already saw that thread when I went back to check it!!
    They are there. All you can do is prevent further damage and that was explained in the thread I posted. For the repair do what Rene mentioned.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 10-13-2019 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Added comment

MAP
    ?

My view as I said in your intro thread is to leave it as is and replace the buttons. Repairs can usually not be reversed

Rene and Phil and others may disagree these are just my views.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you use craft glue it can be undone with water

MAP
    ?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    If you use craft glue it can be undone with water
    Know it all smarty pants
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Craft glue? My grandfather would be really disappointed about not only the moth holes but also without a doubt the implications WW2 had in hindsight. He was stationed in France during the war. Looking at the state of the entire western world in the 21st century would upset him if he was still alive. He died in 2005 but society is getting more degenerate. My Grandfather only listened to classical music. At least Japan recovered from the war. Unlike western Europe which took a turn for the worst including the US & UK.

Quote by Jack14 View Post
    craft glue?
    Ok down here we have a brand called "Clag" not sure of what equivalent would be up there?

Clag (glue) - Wikipedia

Clag Paste | School Glue | Bostik

Quote by Jack14 View Post
    Craft glue? My grandfather would be really disappointed about not only the moth holes but also without a doubt the implications WW2 had in hindsight. He was stationed in France during the war. Looking at the state of the entire western world in the 21st century would upset him if he was still alive. He died in 2005 but society is getting more degenerate. My Grandfather only listened to classical music. At least Japan recovered from the war. Unlike western Europe which took a turn for the worst including the US & UK.
    He'd be pretty Dark about the missing buttons too!

?

I figured out how to upload pics the right way.

Grandfathers US Army WW2 UniformGrandfathers US Army WW2 Uniform
    Last edited by Jack14; 10-14-2019 at 05:08 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast