Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Happy ANZAC Day 2018

Article about: Travel well all:

Default Happy ANZAC Day 2018

Travel well all:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Happy ANZAC Day 2018   Happy ANZAC Day 2018  

Happy ANZAC Day 2018  

Compliments of the day to our friends in the Antipodes from your Brothers in Arms in the UK!

I was just listening to an idiot presenter on BBC Radio who was waffling on about ANZAC Day with clearly no idea of the significance of what is pretty much (correct me here) the same in terms of national perception as Remembrance Day in the UK. He also seemed to think it was pecuiar to Australia. I think he had it confused with Australia Day (late January I think?), unbelievable!

Anyway, although "enjoy your day" is not really the right phrase I am sure you know what I mean.

Respect.

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Respect
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

26th January for Australia Day, but it's mostly an excuse for BBQs, booze ups and fireworks (like most public holidays here!)-ANZAC is different though, except for the post services/parades part of the day which is often pretty boozey.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Happy ANZAC Day 2018  

Lest we forget

Quote by lithgow View Post
    26th January for Australia Day, but it's mostly an excuse for BBQs, booze ups and fireworks (like most public holidays here!)-ANZAC is different though, except for the post services/parades part of the day which is often pretty boozey.
    Yep, that is exactly how I understood it. One celebration and one commemoration.

As for the after parade activities I don't think there is much difference between us there!

Every Remembrance Day parade or service I ever attended (about 45 in and out of military service) has involved a "Post operation de-brief" in the relevant Mess bar or Royal British Legion club so having commemorated with solemnity and dignity one celebrates with respectful enthusiasm (and a "belt fed head")

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Must say that the day comes close to my B'day hence the and also I did post others in the morning with the utmost respect.

The most important and solemn day of the year for us, my daughter wears my Great Grandfathers WW1 medals to the Dawn Service every year.

okie I'll keep quiet sorry all
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Happy ANZAC Day 2018  

You're right Rene, no dramas mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast