Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Help with AFS desert uniform

Article about: A uniform worn by a member of the American Field Service in the Middle East and North Africa. There is no tailors label or broad arrow stamp present. I am not that familiar with commonwealth

Default Help with AFS desert uniform

Help with AFS desert uniformHelp with AFS desert uniformHelp with AFS desert uniformHelp with AFS desert uniform
    A uniform worn by a member of the American Field Service in the Middle East and North Africa. There is no tailors label or broad arrow stamp present. I am not that familiar with commonwealth uniforms worn in North Africa so I would appreciate any information as to whether this appears to be issue clothing or something acquired locally. Regards, Scott

The cap appears to mostly match the standard British army officers service dress cap, though a view of the underside would help as would a close up of the buttons. In the case of the shirt and shorts, there were a myriad patterns and officers kit was privately tailored or they sometimes purchased issue kit from stores. They fall within the range of the standard kit.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.