Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Canadian BD trousers

Article about: Hi everyone, these trousers were bought cheaply a few years ago from an unreliable source (UK Militaria) who I have since realised have sold me various fake and altered items. For that reaso

Default Help with Canadian BD trousers

Hi everyone, these trousers were bought cheaply a few years ago from an unreliable source (UK Militaria) who I have since realised have sold me various fake and altered items. For that reason alone I would appreciate any comments on the authenticity of these trousers. Many thanks, Douglas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Canadian BD trousers   Help with Canadian BD trousers  

Help with Canadian BD trousers   Help with Canadian BD trousers  

Help with Canadian BD trousers  

Default Re: Help with Canadian BD trousers

Douglas the stamp is a bit different from those I have seen.I would expect to see stamps that say the lenth,waist etc.Hope it is original!

?

Douglas,

I have to agree with the lack of markings, usually the pockets were stamped with the correct waist and length sizes. That being said, my other concern is in the actual color of the material. Canadian BD had a greener appearance, these seem more like British or Greek BD based on the brownish color. Have you done any research on line regarding Canadian BD? Michael Dorosh has written a couple of excellent reference books on WW II Canadian uniforms and equipment and he has a web site as well: www.canadiansoldiers.com

Good luck,

Gary

Thanks for the responses and the web link. My own research shows these to be postwar Dutch BD's with fake Canadian markings.

Hi Doug, your research is sadly correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

They are definitely Dutch I'm afraid. The lining, buttons, hanging loop, and markings all point.

Dutch BD is the same green as Canadian wool by the way.

Wonder how he managed to do the Canadian " C /|\ " stamp?