Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help to date this RAF Jacket please

Article about: All I can make out is that it is a size 5 jacket (Sizes ranged from Size 1 to Size 18). The date will be on the label just above the WD arrow or elsewhere. The maufacturer's name will be on

?

Default Help to date this RAF Jacket please

I would apreciate if anybody can give a clue about how old this is. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to date this RAF Jacket please   Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

?

Default Re: Help to date this RAF Jacket please

the label inside says "prices tailors limited", propietors of the fifty shilling tailors or something like that. Thanks.

?

The princes tailors limited Propietors of the fifty shilling tailor brand was founded in 1905 and went till 1958 that is when there label changed according to wikapedia the other question I have for you are the buttons on the tunic marked R.A.F and is the crown a kings crown or a Queens crown .I will try and research the insignia a little bit for you. The propellers on each arm would appear to be leading aircraftman badges.The R.A.F shoulder flashes were to be worn by all ranks neath the rank of warrant officer, i.e from AC2,AC1,LAC, Corporal,Sergeant,flight Sergeant as far as I can tell at least the insignia appears to be of WW2 Vintage I would wait for other opinions as Iam unshur about the tunic and when they stopped issuing these particular badges my source fo research was WWIIWings

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 08-28-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: ADD INFO

?

Sorry research site was WWIIWings

?

thanks a lot!. the buttons have king´s crown (i think so.. ) and an eagle. I´ll make better pictures.It´s my first trophy so, i don´t know anything about this (yet), Thanks again!!!

?

I know very little as well about R.A.F just what I could find on the net I hope it works out for you .

Regards Mark K

WW2 period designed "Other Airmen" - i.e. non-commissioned tunic. Insignia looks to be correct WW2 economy style i.e. printed and not woven. The ribbons appear to show the 39-45 star; Italy Star, Defence Medal. There should also be a red, white and blue ribbon at the end for the 39-45 War Medal.

A close-up picture of the label amy help as will any pictures of markings stamped inside the tunic and pictures of the interior.

The insignia is that of a Leading Aircraftsman, one of the lower ranks of the RAF and comes in (at that time) as immediateley below Corporal. The inverted chevron on the left sleeve cuff is for good conduct.
    Last edited by skypilot; 08-29-2011 at 01:21 PM.

?

thanks a lot! I´ll take the pictures ASAP.

?

I took the pictures I promised (bad quality though...). Actually one from the same saylors was auctines yestarday (with no belt)
    RAF JACKET | eBay
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help to date this RAF Jacket please   Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

Help to date this RAF Jacket please   Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

Help to date this RAF Jacket please   Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

Help to date this RAF Jacket please  

?

they are not gonna make photographer of the year...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast