Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike

Article about: Struggling to find out what unit these DUIs belong too.

Default Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike

Struggling to find out what unit these DUIs belong too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike  Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike 

DUI belongs to the 65th AAA which was deactivated after world war 2 and reactivated as three separate AAA batteries in the far east.

Close ups of laundry number, insignia and patch. DUIs are pinback donderos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike   Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike  

Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike   Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike  

Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike   Help with the DUIs on this ryukus command ike  

?

I’ve got 14 possibles for a name... any more clues?

Only stuff I have to go off is it came from ohio ,his rank of corporal and the ike is dated 1949. Would it be possible to post the list of names?

?

I also found those names for that laundry number.
    Here you go!
    Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

From Ohio??? Look at #14 on the list. Its a big MAYBE!!!!
    Good luck in your search
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I also found those names for that laundry number.
    Here you go!
    Search Results - Page 1 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

From Ohio??? Look at #14 on the list. Its a big MAYBE!!!!
    Good luck in your search
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Those enlistment dates seem like they are way off for this guy. He has no 3 year hash mark either. I may never know but atleast its a great display uniform.

?

I’m thinking #6, simply by virtue of the enlistment date, though we have no idea when he enlisted. The reference to Sergeant in the record (unfortunately) cannot be relied upon... or maybe he got busted!

Perhaps 65thAAA personnel records from ‘49-early ‘50s might be a better approach. If you can find a name to match one of the fourteen, this could be your man!
    Assuming you can find the unit records, of course.
    Sorry I cannot offer more help.

Hi guys

The Ryukus Command SSI was authorized 1950 and was the current assignment of the individual.

Note there is NO combat patch meaning said individual did not see combat during WWII.Also no other signs of insignia ie service stripes etc...

Parts of the unit was reactivated 1949 on Okinawa , home of Ryukus Command. The US command had for were planning for a possible conflict in Korea and hence the reactivation of many units including NG, USAR at the time.

The use of WWII era chevrons was used from 1945-55 although there were several change of designs during that period.

I believe your individual will be Korean war era.

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    Hi guys

The Ryukus Command SSI was authorized 1950 and was the current assignment of the individual.

Note there is NO combat patch meaning said individual did not see combat during WWII.Also no other signs of insignia ie service stripes etc...

Parts of the unit was reactivated 1949 on Okinawa , home of Ryukus Command. The US command had for were planning for a possible conflict in Korea and hence the reactivation of many units including NG, USAR at the time.

The use of WWII era chevrons was used from 1945-55 although there were several change of designs during that period.

I believe your individual will be Korean war era.

Phill
    The photo dosent show it but they are the blue korean war era rank.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast