Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat

Article about: Thanks for reading my post: I have reciently purchased a Navy Pea Coat - or what I think is a pea coat. The material is a heavy wool and it has the tan corduroy pocket lining. The strange pa

Gabbit
    ?

Default Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat

Thanks for reading my post: I have reciently purchased a Navy Pea Coat - or what I think is a pea coat. The material is a heavy wool and it has the tan corduroy pocket lining. The strange part is that it is single breasted - I looked around and wasn't able to find anything that was single breased that was a pea coat. The size is listed as a 36. Can anyone help with ID?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat   Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat  

Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat   Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat  

Default Re: Help with ID of Single Breasted Navy Pea Coat

Hi,
    It looks like some one modified your jacket and probably wore it in civilian life. It is ww2 vintage as it has the 5 buttons on one side. There should be 5 buttons on each side. It looks like the buttons that are on were moved closer to the button holes.The post war pea coats had 4 buttons on each side(8). Here's a picture of my ww2 pea coat, it's missing two buttons.

PreWW1and WW1 Peacoat

Gabbit
    ?

Thanks much -- I thought it might be something like that, but who would go through all that trouble?

Some people like vintage clothing and will modify it to thier taste. I know the demin's sell for a nice buck and the Japanese will spend a lot on vintage clothes.

Jason

shdavid
    ?

Thank you......... I have a double breasted pea coat from Tom's Ware, and it matches my appearance. I am very happy with the purchase.

shdavid
    ?