Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

help to identify KD shirt

Article about: I am trying to obtain a period KD shirt like the one been worn by my dad in the attached pics, looking at the straight edge pocket flaps I am thinking this may be a US war aid version or may

jwp
    ?

Default help to identify KD shirt

I am trying to obtain a period KD shirt like the one been worn by my dad in the attached pics, looking at the straight edge pocket flaps I am thinking this may be a US war aid version or maybe indian made ?, have come across several for sale but all have had the RAF style pocket flaps. I have the 78th div formation patches on sliders and the medal ribbon ready to attach, If anybody spots any for sale in the UK would welcome a heads up !!,
    cheers, John.

help to identify KD shirthelp to identify KD shirthelp to identify KD shirt

CBH
    ?

Could it be Canadian ? I have a similar 4 pocket shirt which I believe was issued to Canadians in Italy .

US made War Aid in HBT cloth.

Check the forum, as I have shown mine here:

British Khaki Drill jacket: US made
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is my example which I would sell if your interested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture help to identify KD shirt  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

many thanks all, yes Jerry I would be very interested in purchasing from you if you let me know what you would like for it, thanks, John.

Quote by jwp View Post
    many thanks all, yes Jerry I would be very interested in purchasing from you if you let me know what you would like for it, thanks, John.
    John, I'll pm you later, but circa what it cost me is what I want.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

Thanks Jerry, appreciate that.

jwp
    ?

Just like to say a big thanks to Jerry for his offer re:the KD shirt which I glady took up and very pleased with it I am !, will sort out dad's insignia and add some pics when done.
    took a punt on some "bombay bloomers" 1941 pattern KD shorts I think on the bay, no labels or stamps i can see but seem ok, one of the brass buttons on one belt loop has been replaced with plastic and i think at some point the legs had been turned up and now returned to original length as the stiching looks new compared to the rest of the shorts.
    cheers, John.

help to identify KD shirthelp to identify KD shirthelp to identify KD shirt