Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket

Article about: well....ive recieved the jacket and went through it. In the pocket i found a Expert marksman badge w/ broken pinback. That explains why the Basic marksman rifle badge has the expert automati

?

Default HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket

Hey guys,
    need some help identifying the patch on the left shoulder...cant seem to figure it out. If anyone can help me i would appreciate it. Sorry the picture isnt that great but i do not own it yet. This package comes with complete uniform except for shoes.(pic doesnt show package) Please let me know if you have seen or know this patches identity. thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket 

Default Re: HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket

The patch represents the 69th Infantry Division. Red on the hat indicates Artillery. Looks like a nice uniform.

Terry

Yep, he is correct.

Here a link for the unit;

The Fighting 69th Infantry Division Website

Brian

?

Really? huh. i always thought the 69th infantry division had the flame type red and orange patch. My mistake. Thank you both for the information. ya i havent recieved it yet, so hopefully its a winner.

I also just got a ADSEC june 1944 Ike jacket with photos of the soldiers name in the uniform as well as his death brochure thing. ill post it just in case anyone cares lol I thought it was pretty cool since he was a LT and served in both Pacific and European TO's . You can see that he has a marksmanship pin for rifle and automatic rifles. Looks and sounds like he had a good tour. He left Normandy after d-day when ADSEC was detatched from the 1st Army division. He then went to Cherbourg and was an engineer. I'm unclear of what he did next, but he obviosuly went to the Pacific as the photographs that came with it states and shows. pretty neat

?

any input would be great! thanks guys! also it was stated that he survived the Pearl Harbor Attacks! would there be any way of me finding this out for sure? thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket 

The ADSEC shoulder title is an unofficial one I believe. Sounds like an interesting group. Could you post his name: someone might be able to help.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Adsec jacket: First Lieutenant Leonard Kitlinski. tag is july 1944. he was born in 1918 and died in 2000. The first jacket has nothing to do with the second. The adsec one just has me wondering because it says he survived Pearl harbor attack, and served in both pacific and european Theatres. Sounds like he was on the move alot for an engineer. Ive been researching the ADSEC and it seems like they did indeed move from one place to the next to help with alot of different things from supplyies to engineering. thanks everyone
    Last edited by Bill T; 06-18-2010 at 09:43 PM.

?

i thought it was odd that if he served in the ETO, why he wouldnt have the ETO advanced Base Patch under the ADSEC curved Tab patch. So do u think that the Adsec patch was placed on the jacket by someone and it is not original?

I expect the ADSEC flash will be original to the jacket. I don't think adding it to the jacket would make it particually more valuable, which is the usual reason stuff is added.

The ETO Advanced Base patch woud be more conventional to see. I would not really expect to see both.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Adrian. I agree that it would be more conventional to see the ETO advanced base patch. I will have to do some digging and look into this guy if at all possible. I like the jacket anyway though and think it is different. Im just a little surprised in all the moving around he did during the war. Usually you dont see this type of drastic movement.....but i guess with Adsec it wouldnt be too abnormal???? i dunno? i just hope its all good. Like i said, I am recieving his military photos of him in the jacket and his death brochure which explains slightly his military career. Also the photos have alot of writing on the back of them which i cant wait to see. Hope everthing is legit. Thanks for any input on ADSEC or anything else that has to do with the jacket/soldier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast