Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification

Article about: Hi pals, my friend bought greatcoat, which was adopted by Czechoslovakian army. I guess after WWII (approx 1945-1947) The greatcoat is typical dismounted 1939 or 1940 pattern and the cut was

Question Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification

Hi pals,
    my friend bought greatcoat, which was adopted by Czechoslovakian army. I guess after WWII (approx 1945-1947) The greatcoat is typical dismounted 1939 or 1940 pattern and the cut was privately modified by some officer.
    So my friend would like to know where was this greatcoat manufactured, if is it possible.
    There are no any labels, just one visible stamp "194". I guess it should be an Canadian greatcoat, but I am not sure. I had some greatcoats, but I sold all my collection and I have nothing to compare now.
    Can anyone help identify this greatcoat?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification   Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification  

Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification   Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification  

Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification   Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification  

Identification of Commonweath greatcoat - Czechoslovakian private modification  
    Last edited by ostrostrelec; 07-30-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Really anyone doesn't know?

Here you are the other greatcoat adopted by Czechoslovakian army after the war, only visible mark is "vojenský útvar 13??" (vojenský útvar = military unit). This greatcoat looks very similar like the other one.