Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification Ike Jacket 7th Army

Article about: Hi everyone. I have this Jke and I ask your help to identify the unit of belonging and its history. It has the 7th Army patch, so it's very likely that it was in ETO, while the divisional pa

Default Identification Ike Jacket 7th Army

Hi everyone.
    I have this Jke and I ask your help to identify the unit of belonging and its history.
    It has the 7th Army patch, so it's very likely that it was in ETO, while the divisional patch makes me think at a unit of Wyoming NG, but honestly I have no other informations.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

greetings
    Roberto

Identification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th ArmyIdentification Ike Jacket 7th Army

NCA
    ?

91st Infantry Division.

NCA
    ?

Former unit would have been 7th Army...he spent one year overseas and a total of three years in the Army.Honourably discharged with a rank of master sergeant.

Thanks NCA,
    but the 91th did not have the patch with the "green pine", this is maybe of a specific regiment?

?

The patch is a unit insignia at the battalion level. I don't have a clue which one. I am woefully ignorant about these insignias.

Good, Friends!
    I believe that the information provided by Ed are very interesting and its interpretation is correct.
    I think its really the 115th Cavalry Mechanized Group, which fought in Southern France in 1945, this also justifies the presence of 7th Army patch.

thanks to all and however, I appreciate very much other different interpretation.
    Roberto

Thanks, NCA
    excellent link.