Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying this amazing 1940 ptn 44 dated British Battle dress blouse

Article about: Hello All, I recently purchased this stunning BD for £2.99, yes, you read that right, the decimal is in the right place, two pounds ninety nine pence!!!!!!!!!! There is no moth damage and al

Default Identifying this amazing 1940 ptn 44 dated British Battle dress blouse

Hello All, I recently purchased this stunning BD for £2.99, yes, you read that right, the decimal is in the right place, two pounds ninety nine pence!!!!!!!!!!
    There is no moth damage and although it has obviously been worn there is no real wear and tear. It is in a good size (12. 5'9'' - 5'10'') and the collar has not been modified. I found the medal ribbons in the breast pocket. I don't know if it is clear on the pictures but it is dated 1944.
    Please can somebody identify the badge / rank / regiment and the medal ribbon (the one which isn't the Defence medal)
    Many thanks

Default Re: Identifying this amazing 1940 ptn 44 dated British Battle dress blouse

You have (in addition to a great bargain!) a blouse to a Lt in the Royal Artillery. 12th Army, formed in Burma on 28 May 1945 to command British troops fighting in Burma, hence the Burmese dragon on the flash. He was awarded the Burma Star.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Identifying this amazing 1940 ptn 44 dated British Battle dress blouse

WOW! Very nice ! If you want I'll double your money ? Lol only joking !

Great buy!
    I'll triple it! ;-)
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thank you very much Ade. Banksy and Stuka - nice try but this one's not for sell, not even for ten times (or twenty or thirty!)