Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ike jacket help

Article about: Hello, I just recently bought an Ike field jacket from a garage sale and was wondering what the significance of each patch is. I have no experience with war items, so all the information I c

Jessie
    ?

Default Ike jacket help

Hello, I just recently bought an Ike field jacket from a garage sale and was wondering what the significance of each patch is. I have no experience with war items, so all the information I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ike jacket help  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help  Ike jacket help 

?

Default Re: HELP identifying a patch on IKE jacket

thanks for sharing! neat jacket. The first pic shows that he was a staff sergeant. i believe that the little "2bar" insignia means that he served 1or2 years overseas. the arrow w/ stars represents Army Pacific Areas Command Patch. It is pointing in the correct direction too, so that is good. The pic on the bottom of the wreath patch....is a Army Distinguished Unit Citation Patch. (1st award patch). The red octogonal patch is an Army Hawaiin Command Patch. If i am incorrect about any of these, im sure some1 here will let me know. But i hope this helped you out.

did u get anything else with the jacket....pants, hats, anything? either way its a cool jacket. i just got my first Ike jacket as well. I usually dont collect much U.S. stuff but i thought it was neat that it came with a photo and info.

Jessie
    ?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you muchly for all of the information! It is so interesting to know more about this jacket and its patches. I did not get anything with the jacket, unfortunately. However, I believe my grandfather will think it is quite interesting besides that fact! Thank you again.

?

no problem. i love seeing other peoples buys/finds. post anything else if youd like.....i would love to see anything u got. i will share my US stuff as well if youd like