Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ike Jacket with no ID (1950s?)

Article about: Hello, this is my first post on this forum! I have this wool Ike jacket but it lacks any form of identification. There's no tag, I checked its three pockets, turned the one that's on the ins

feetlebaum
    ?

Default Ike Jacket with no ID (1950s?)

Hello, this is my first post on this forum! I have this wool Ike jacket but it lacks any form of identification. There's no tag, I checked its three pockets, turned the one that's on the inside, inside-out. No patches. It's lined in rayon, or some smooth fabric, and there are three button holes on the inside on the bottom in the back. It has a buckle with a belt for adjusting the size. Which is unlike most examples that I could find which had a single button or small adjusters on the sides of the waist. To me it most resembles one I found in a photograph worn by Eisenhower himself. I'd appreciate anybody's expertise in finding a rough date on this jacket. I have a pair of trousers, you can kind of see them in the first picture, which pretty much match the jacket. I found them to be M-1951. So I guess that might give me a clue this is a post-war Ike Jacket? Maybe for an officer?

Private purchase British or Commonwealth Officers Battledress blouse.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!