Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?

Article about: Thanks for the offer Phil: I do have a Army Air corp. IKE jacket too. So it may go good with that. John by AZPhil Nice snag!!!!! Well since the garrison cap doesn't go with the uniform(and I

Default Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?

I have a customer that has been trying to sell me this grouping. It has the "IKE" jacket, hat, pants, shirt and tie. The question I have is if it is Korean war? The ribbons on the IKE jacket are cloth and Sewn on. The cap has a different pin on it as the jacket has Engineer pins on it.
    I am thinking it is a piece meal uniform. What era is it and what is it worth?? He is asking $125.00 for the set.Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Re: Ike Jacket and uniform. What era do I have?

The hat is for an enlisted air core personnel, and the Jacket is obviously as you said for an engineer. To tell the era of the jacked I would need to see the whole thing and / or the inside. If it has nylon inside or buttons instead of straps to adjust the waist it is Korean era. The Jacket itself has some Korean era ribbon pins and the patch on it I believe is a Korean era as well.

I would pay no more than 40-60$ personally
    Last edited by AmericanKraut; 02-21-2013 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

It belonged to someone who was both a WWII and a Korean War vet. $125 would be dealer price, in my opinion. I'm not sure what the sleeve insignia is, but I'll try to find out for you.

That what I needed to know. Thanks guys:
    He will be here at the shop in about a hour.

John

?

The patch is for the 16th corps, its odd this man served so long in the air force it looks like he had to had been in at least 20 years, also the ike looks like it is Korean war by the material overall a nice tunic

Update:
    The guy walked in and found 2 old holsters I had in a bargain box. That fit ??? Old 60's police revolvers.
    I couldn't give these things away. So he said I will trade you even up. So I did.
    Now I have this grouping for about $10.00. Sometimes when the customer makes his own deal it works out.
    Thanks to you guys on the forum for helping me get the information I needed to get this deal done. It will go home with me for my War room.
    Thanks for all your help.

John

?

Nice snag!!!!!
    Well since the garrison cap doesn't go with the uniform(and I have one it would work well with) How about I give you $10 for it and you can break even!!!!!!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

No problem my favorite thing out of the set is the hat, the pin on it is nice as well. I still need to get one that has the air core piping.
    Are the pants the same color as the Ike jacket if they are then they are most likley the m-1945 so late or postwar, and if they are a lighter green than they are the m1937 (WWII) pants. <(these have no buttons or pocket flaps).

John - check the jacket pockets for a label.
    This should tell you the date.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thats the easy way...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast