Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Indian Made Battledress Trousers

Article about: I am very pleased to have finally been able to add a pair of Indian made battledress trousers to my collection. As might be expected, these are pretty scarce and go nicely with an Indian mad

Default Indian Made Battledress Trousers

I am very pleased to have finally been able to add a pair of Indian made battledress trousers to my collection. As might be expected, these are pretty scarce and go nicely with an Indian made BD blouse I bought off a friend earlier in the year. This pair have been repaired at some point with parts of a British made trousers, hence the variations in colour:
    Indian Made Battledress TrousersIndian Made Battledress TrousersIndian Made Battledress TrousersIndian Made Battledress TrousersIndian Made Battledress TrousersIndian Made Battledress Trousers
    They go together well with a set of Indian made 37 pattern webbing:
    Indian Made Battledress Trousers

Lovely set trousers are usually the hard bits to find! I don't have a lot Indian items in my lot, none woolen that's for sure

Thanks, they are very rough; even compared to British BD. I have a bit of a thing for Indian made kit...

Quote by Warspite View Post
    Thanks, they are very rough; even compared to British BD. I have a bit of a thing for Indian made kit...
    NZ's BD wool is really rough too, surprisingly! Canadian is far more comfortable

Great score. I have never seen Indian made BD trousers for sale. I have a Indian made BD blouse with its original patches for HQ India and Burma Star ribbons.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian Made Battledress Trousers  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, I know of one other pair for sale in the UK, but they are not cheap (not that these were either but not quite as bad). Interesting to note that your BD blouse is the austerity pattern, whilst mine conforms with British P37. I wonder if that was a manufacturer's thing or a coordinated programme from the Indian Government to save resources like it was in the UK.

Interesting though that unlike India many of the other nations producing bd's did not produce austerity versions, certainly the Canada and South Africa produced BD blouses I own have covered pockets etc and are most like the pre austerity versions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.