Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Information required - Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 1954 /|\

Article about: Hello. I have recently acquired a 'Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 - By J.Mandleberg & Co Ltd. Dated 1954. Grace's Guide website gave me the following the maker - 'On 1889 The compan

Smile Information required - Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 1954 /|\

Hello. I have recently acquired a 'Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 - By J.Mandleberg & Co Ltd. Dated 1954.

Grace's Guide website gave me the following the maker - 'On 1889 The company was registered on 9 March, as the Albion Waterproofing Works, J. Mandleberg and Co to take over the business of J. Mandleberg and Co, india rubber manufacturers.
    1890 The name was changed to J. Mandleberg and Co.
    1937 Manufacturers of gas-proof and waterproof fabrics. "Valsport" Rainproof and Waterproof Clothing. "Valstar" Flying Suits.
    1939 See Aircraft Industry Suppliers
    1947 As J. Mandleberg and Co - British Industries Fair Advert for 16 Trade Marked products including "Valstar" Weatherwear and Travel Wear. "Jemcoprufe" Proven Proofing Process. "Velan" processors. "Jemproof" rubber-proofing. Manufacturers of Gabardines, Linings, Hospital Sheetings, etc. Hot Water Bottles. "Mandelle". (Textiles Section - Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand No. 16) [3]
    1947 As Valstar and J. Mandleberg Co - Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of "Valstar" High-class Raincoats, Waterproofs and Sportswear, also Travel Coats and Costumes for Ladies. Home and Export. Established 90 years. (Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stand No. 367)

- I understand it was used by the British Army but that is all the information I have. If anyone is able
    to give me any further details that would be great. The buttons are a yellow/tan unlike the khaki I have seen on similar items.

All the best. Gillan Information required - Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 1954 /|\Information required - Parkas Middle (without Hood) Size 2 1954 /|\

NCA
    ?

This is the last version made from 1952 up to the mid 70's.The first version was made from Sateen and had an integral hood and no top pockets...now rather rare.Yours is missing the hood.Both versions were used in the Korean war.

Many thanks for the info. I really appreciate it.

A few of these were still being used at the time of the Falklands war also , the hoods sometimes show up on e bay

Thanks for the reply. Would 20-40£ be a correct estimate for re-selling ? Gil.