Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE ????????????

Article about: Hi all I bought a few of these KD BD recently all being dated 1943 or 44 and one 43 dated one came with these interesting marks . My guess is company/military sample or a size sample my reas

Default Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE ????????????

Hi all I bought a few of these KD BD recently all being dated 1943 or 44 and one 43 dated one came with these interesting marks . My guess is company/military sample or a size sample my reason for this thinking is every piece that makes up the BD (individual pieces sew together) have this X-F 10 this mark appears even on the and inside the and outside pocket's selves of shirt each piece . I'v taken pictures of each one that is clear enough to read as well as makers stamps. Any help with this would be great . has any one else got anything like this ?????????????????????????????????????? cheers matty .
    Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????Interesting marks on ww2 KD BD ... company/ military SAMPLE  ????????????

Any guess's anyone ?

Hi Matthew, I have never seen one with these markings and in these positions, you could be right it might be a makers sample, I could not say for certain, certainly an interesting example.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

I have never seen anything like this before either. I would say your guess is a pretty good one.

The mark shown in pics 5163 & 5164 show it to be Indian made. I have known each piece of fabric to be marked before but on the inside as cutters pattern marks. Your appear to be on the outside however? If so, then very odd. I 'd have expected paper tags.

the marks are on the inside and outside of the cut on some pieces as can be seen by the pictures .There is no paper tag's . I have some modern samples and not all of them have paper tag's . I just assumed that this being the age it was that the tag if there ever was one has been removed and or lost. like some of my more modern ones.

I'v just had a quick look at the jacket BD again and the visible stamps " the ones on the pocket and sleeves are back to front like they have gone through the material. see pictures 2 , 5 , 12 and 15 . all the others are on the inside like you said they should be Union jack and well that would make them on the inside too ???

what are cutters pattern marks and what are they used for ?

Not really sure, but they do appear inside uniforms quite often and are on each and every separate piece. I can only guess they identify the parts at the factory before being sewn together or something similar. The ones I've seen are never as prominant as those on your item though I must admit.

cheers again mate .