Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

IX Troop Carrier Command Ike

Article about: I just wanted to post up my first Troop Carrier Command Ike. I've been looking for a Troop Carrier patched jacket or Ike for a little while now and came upon this one. On the left sleeve is

Default IX Troop Carrier Command Ike

I just wanted to post up my first Troop Carrier Command Ike. I've been looking for a Troop Carrier patched jacket or Ike for a little while now and came upon this one.

On the left sleeve is the Troop Carrier Command patch, the right sleeve is patched to the 9th AAF and the collar brass are screw back. I always like finding uniforms with screw back insignia. The QM tag is present, which is dated June 3, 1944, and is in the left breast pocket. Usually I find these in the right breast pocket.

Unfortunately it is unnamed but does have a laundry stamp, K-3174.

Comments are welcome and always appreciated.

Looks good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade!

Hi Ed, I think you will find the Troop Carrier Command patch is British made. They were purchased locally here in the UK by GI's based here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

That is a nice one friend.

Thank you again Ade and to you as well Steve!

My thought was that it was a British made patch and I'm glad to have confirmation. I had a pretty good feeling about the Ike overall and I've dealt with the seller successfully before but I always appreciate the input from the forum members on items I'm not as familiar with.

I also like to post items here for others research as well.