Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

KD Bush Jacket

Article about: This Bush Jacket came with a Wolseley (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...42-a-557735/0I) picked up the other day.Unfortunately the label has gone, I thought it was post war because of t

?

They were supposed to be. I agree the terminology is poor but look at the HBT War-Aid example. The British Army classed that as a shirt....and it was worn tucked in, as below.

What we need is more shirts/or jackets with tags on to check.

So you are saying bellows pocket = jacket ,flat pockets = shirt ?

Unfortunately none of mine have any labels remaining so no help there.

Also there are so many poorly documented variations that more research is needed and those with surviving labels need to be looked at whenever any are seen. I have some KD shorts, WD with L for 1945 that do not match any of the versions shown in the the KD & JG book. Sadly they have no label only the WD inskstamp.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This is one of the better colour pictures showing KD and when you look closely a lot of different styles. Probably some Aertex as well. (one of the few colour pictures to show a camouflaged commonwealth Jeep )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cassino article-2527908-1A41ED3E00000578-182_964x676.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	850504  

Two images from my collection of a KD jacket with the same type of pockets and a group shot in shirts and shorts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n africa photo lot 1 b 4 cropped.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	850624   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n africa photo lot 1 b 1 ammended.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	850623  

Regards,

Jerry

?

Hi Roger, Yes. Loosely, bellows pockets signifies a bush Jacket and non-bellows pockets is a shirt. Let's now confuse matters more by clarifying that some garments don't have bellows pockets but cannot be buttoned up at the neck and so are, of course, jackets too.

Don't you just love British WW2 semantics?

?

I also have two Jackets/'shirts' with bellows pockets, these were sold as WW1/WW2 items as like above no label or markings. I have them as WW1 but according to our OCA (old comrades association), they were used in both wars, especially the start when the Warwickshire Yeomanry were sent back with horses to what is now Palestine.
    It seems that they were run up by either a Tailor or from old (Pre) War stocks.

?

They are similar to the second of Jerry B's photos.

Quote by kfssir View Post
    I also have two Jackets/'shirts' with bellows pockets, these were sold as WW1/WW2 items as like above no label or markings. I have them as WW1 but according to our OCA (old comrades association), they were used in both wars, especially the start when the Warwickshire Yeomanry were sent back with horses to what is now Palestine.
    It seems that they were run up by either a Tailor or from old (Pre) War stocks.
    It would be great to see them perhaps we can turn this thread into a Khaki Drill & Jungle Green master thread.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Sadly they are in a lockup waiting for our new home to be found. I don't expect to be able to see them for a long while.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast