Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

KD Bush Jacket

Article about: This Bush Jacket came with a Wolseley (http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cloth-...42-a-557735/0I) picked up the other day.Unfortunately the label has gone, I thought it was post war because of t

Default KD Bush Jacket

This Bush Jacket came with a Wolseley (Wolseley sun Helmet 1942) picked up the other day.Unfortunately the label has gone, I thought it was post war because of the material is much finer than the others I have although it is very similar to some US War aid shorts I have but my War Aid Jacket is HBT.

It was not made with economy in mind as it has plenty of spare material with 2 large inside pockets and large flaps covering the button rings. Buttons look pure ww2 to me and the rings are like new.

Unfortunately I cant find my copy of Khaki Drill and Jungle Green.Is it possible this could be War Aid ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	849613   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	167.8 KB 
ID:	849614  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0005.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	126.5 KB 
ID:	849615   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0006.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	849616  

Name:	IMG_0008.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	849617   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0011.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	160.1 KB 
ID:	849618  

As far as I am aware, all the US war aid kd is hbt. As you state, the buttons are British WWII type, early war I would say with the revolving shank and rounded edges.

No exact match for this type in Khaki Drill & Jungle Green but half of the KD items I own don't appear in there either.

A fine circa WWII example and as it came with the pith probably circa 41-42 in date, for OR's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry,
    I forgot to mention it looked like it had a belt attached but had been removed. All the others I have have loops.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    Thanks Jerry,
    I forgot to mention it looked like it had a belt attached but had been removed. All the others I have have loops.
    Roger,

Of my three, one has loops -Scots Guards-, one has metal belt supports as seen on some SD jackets -RIASC- and one has nothing -10th Hussars.
    Regards,

Jerry

My KD's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KD 10th Hussars.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	161.7 KB 
ID:	849649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KD RIASC.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	849652  

Name:	KD scots guards.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	180.4 KB 
ID:	849654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KD US war aid.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	849655  

Name:	KD post war.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	199.3 KB 
ID:	849650  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

It's a variation of a Bush Shirt, not a jacket.

Quote by Poland View Post
    It's a variation of a Bush Shirt, not a jacket.

I thought 4 pockets and a belt was a Bush Jacket.
    Is that because it has short sleeves ?

?

The pockets at the bottom indicate it was a bush shirt. The terminology is confusing but consider that the lower pocket arrangement will allow this garment to be worn tucked into your trousers , and therefore worn as a shirt.

Quote by Roger M View Post
    I thought 4 pockets and a belt was a Bush Jacket.
    Is that because it has short sleeves ?
    Indeed, hard to see how you wear it with a belt as a shirt. My 50's one with the belt and 4 pockets is labelled as a Jackets, Bush

Name:	jackets bush 1950's.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	849832  
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Poland View Post
    The pockets at the bottom indicate it was a bush shirt. The terminology is confusing but consider that the lower pocket arrangement will allow this garment to be worn tucked into your trousers , and therefore worn as a shirt.
    I have to disagree with this principle.. The trousers or shorts were high waisted coming up to your belly button so I can't see how this could ever be worn tucked in. The lower two external pockets have internal pockets as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast