Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Which Lot?

Article about: Hello everyone, i was looking on ebay and saw these nice looking uniforms. I personally like all 3 of them but i could only concentrate on buying one, but my only problem is, are they real?

Default Which Lot?

Hello everyone, i was looking on ebay and saw these nice looking uniforms. I personally like all 3 of them but i could only concentrate on buying one, but my only problem is, are they real? to me, the Korean and WW2 uniforms look the same so its hard for me to distinguish. if these are real, which do you guys think would be the better one to go for, or which is "Rarer" ?

thanks for the help!

WWII 3rd Armored Tank Officer Uniform, Ike Jacket etc. | eBay

Two Named WWII USMC Marine Corps Uniform Jackets | eBay

Named WWII Tank Destroyer Sergeant Uniform | eBay

Default Re: Which Lot?

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Hello everyone, i was looking on ebay and saw these nice looking uniforms. I personally like all 3 of them but i could only concentrate on buying one, but my only problem is, are they real? to me, the Korean and WW2 uniforms look the same so its hard for me to distinguish. if these are real, which do you guys think would be the better one to go for, or which is "Rarer" ?

thanks for the help!

WWII 3rd Armored Tank Officer Uniform, Ike Jacket etc. | eBay

Two Named WWII USMC Marine Corps Uniform Jackets | eBay

Named WWII Tank Destroyer Sergeant Uniform | eBay
    THE USMC UNIFORMS APPEAR TO BE AUTHENTIC, HOWEVER THE NAME STENCILS DON'T LOOK LIKE THE
    KIND USED AT THAT TIME PERIOD(I WAS IN THE CORPS AT THAT TIME). THERE WERE BREAKS IN THE
    LETTERS IN ORDER TO KEEP THEM USABLE TO STENCIL. AS I RECALL, WE HAD QUITE SMALL RUBBER
    STAMPS TO MARK OUR CLOTHES ISSUE.

Ron B(USA)

Thank you for responding so quick. Did you serve in WW2? And do the other 2 uniforms look authentic? I really like the 3rd Armored Division uniform because it was commanded by Patton at one point, and as you can tell by my name, I really like patton. I just want to make sure its an original WW2 uniform and that the insignia patches are original to the uniform.

Quote by General Patton View Post
    Thank you for responding so quick. Did you serve in WW2? And do the other 2 uniforms look authentic? I really like the 3rd Armored Division uniform because it was commanded by Patton at one point, and as you can tell by my name, I really like patton. I just want to make sure its an original WW2 uniform and that the insignia patches are original to the uniform.
    OBVIOUSLY, MY EXPERTISE IS LEVELED AT USMC ISSUE ITEMS AND THE
    SIZE OF THE STENCILS ON THOSE WWII PERIOD BLOUSES DID NOT RING
    A BELL EVEN THOUGH IT"S BEEN ALMOST 60 YEARS . PERHAPS ,
    STATIONS/UNItS OR SHIPS DETACHMENTS THAT HAD STENCIL EQUIPMENT
    OTHER THAN WHAT WE HAD, THERE SEEMS TO BE NO REASON TO SIMPLY
    ADD NAMES UNLESS THEY ADD recognition of a noted ower. The Armor
    uniforms sure look like the ones I saw worn during the period, but don't
    count on me for meaningful details.

Ron B(USA)

I would go with the third because you can tell it a for sure ww2 jacket (4 pocket, 1941 not bad.). the 3rd armored is dated 45 sated by the seller. I don’t really like to buy 1945 US gear. If July 1945, then it considered ww2 still but very late. Marine I’m not sure of, I only collect army gear.

I think im going to go with the third army uniform if its not too expensive. In my opinion, the third army was fairly well know during ww2. Just so I learn a few more things that I could put to use in the future, other than the 4 pockets, is there anything else that distinguishes it as an authentic WW2 uniform?