Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.

Article about: All were from a vets niece,said her uncles,5 kaki shirts and 2 Ike jackets,looks like 6th armored?Bought the whole lot for 15.00,she just wanted them gone,said they were given to her as no o

Default Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.

All were from a vets niece,said her uncles,5 kaki shirts and 2 Ike jackets,looks like 6th armored?Bought the whole lot for 15.00,she just wanted them gone,said they were given to her as no one else wanted them,good find?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.   Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.  

Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.   Lot of US vet uniforms info needed.  

Looks like a great find to me. Interested in selling any? If so PM me as I would like a nice armored piece.

A very nice group. Congratulations!

Mart
    Last edited by Martin C; 11-28-2017 at 03:07 AM. Reason: I was mistaken

Hi there

Nice grouping.

I believe these are from the 6th Armd Div.(Training) Fort Leonard wood c1951-54 period during the Korean war.

The Ike looks like a 1950's variation , straight arms -see if you can locate the dated instruction tab.
    The corporal chevrons OD on blue twill are from 1951- to 54 period and the SSI are all on the then assigned "current unit."

The 6th AD was part of a major US build up for a reserve training force and a number of Armored , Infantry and Airborne div were reactivated during the period.

Phill

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Do I read correctly $15?

US uniform is a bit out of my comfort zone but I doubt you could find a single one of those shirts for that money here in UK so I suppose you have a bargain there.

If you intend to move them on, as much as I dislike Ebay for this sort of item, it seems that 7 individual sales would be something of a "no brainer"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks guys comments much appreciated!Phill will look at the tags on the Ikes and see if any dates.Mark yeah need to sell 4 shirts and keep one,will have to think on the Ikes but you are right ebay will work!

looks like that corporal was sneaky and got himself officer shirts!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    looks like that corporal was sneaky and got himself officer shirts!
    Well, in every army I think there are examples of rule bending in training and base establishments. As the saying goes "In the rear with the gear"

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Good call Rene

Begs the question how did the individual get away with it.

An eagle eyed SGM should of picked that up!

Phill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast