Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M-1943 Field Jacket

Article about: Hi guys quick question does anyone know these jackets had the stars and stripes fitted to the sleeve during WW2 also were these issued to the AD (tankers). Thanks

Default M-1943 Field Jacket

Hi guys quick question does anyone know these jackets had the stars and stripes fitted to the sleeve during WW2 also were these issued to the AD (tankers).
    Thanks

Hi there

M-43 Jacket was issued c1944/45 period and the answer is No , however units did use the S&S which would of come from Higher command and would be for specific operations like the Rhine crossing as an example worn by 17th Abn. They would of been attached either by the 17th Abn QM co. or trooper.

Armored units within the Armored Div. used M-43 Jackets ie reconnaissance , Armored Infantry , HQ staff etc...The jackets would of been too bulky and restricting for using inside tanks. I think tankers enjoyed having their own identification wearing the "winter combat jacket" or M-41 Jacket in summer.

Phill

Thanks Phil, i decided to pass, the jacket maybe original but as said the insignia did not make sense.

M-1943 Field Jacket

Have to say I've never seen that type of liner before!

A few more here

M-1943 Field JacketM-1943 Field JacketM-1943 Field JacketM-1943 Field Jacket

The jacket it's self is lovely, has the M41 material liner, the wool add on liner is something I haven't seen!
    I can't say for the patch, it's one I'd need to see on hand

I think your original question was/is misleading.

I'm no expert on uniform jackets but 2nd AD SSI looks German made based on the weave pattern c 1945 occupation period. The "2" also is not US embroidered.

I wouldn't dismiss this Jacket at this stage , GI's added all sorts of insignia to there uniform Jackets , I can't see why a GI wouldn't add the stars and stripes if given that chance.

OSS had stars and stripes added to their Ike's and other Jackets as another exmple , again they would of taken to a seamstress or did it themselves.

Can we see close up of flag.

Phill

Yes, bearing in mind i did not buy it but hey ho, it sold for £42, i did not have chance to post pics as i was at work at the time.

M-1943 Field Jacket